- The Port of South Louisiana handled more than 238 million short tons of cargo in 2012. More than 4,000 oceangoing vessels and 55,000 barges call at the Port of South Louisiana annually, making it the top ranked in the country for export tonnage and total tonnage.
- Louisiana is one of only three states in the nation where six of North America’s Class 1 rail lines converge. Louisiana has more than 2,699 miles of track in freight service.
- Louisiana’s strategic location equals cost-effective distribution, providing access to suppliers and markets on both coasts.
- Louisiana is home to two companies on the Fortune 500 list: Entergy and CenturyLink.
- Louisiana is #1 in the U.S. in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Per Capita since 2003 ($324.2 million) and #3 in the U.S. in Total Foreign Direct Investment Dollars since 2003.*
Louisiana: Guide Building
182 acres in Ouachita Parish