One of the primary concerns in business location and expansion is mitigating risk. Entergy Mississippi Economic Development Qualified Site Program is designed to assist businesses to go from concept to operations quickly and efficiently. The program combines specific due diligence, accurate costs and timelines along with a demonstrated ability to provide a custom workforce, eliminating the unknown and mitigating much of the risk inherent with a greenfield site. The Qualified Site Program certifies that in-depth analysis of each property has been completed by professional engineers and other relevant specialists and that the results of such studies are available for review.
Projects undertaken on Entergy Qualified Sites are overseen by a Delta Team whose mission is to provide answers, solve problems, streamline processes and remove the red tape that often complicates business location or expansion. In addition, Entergy Mississippi works with its communities to actively seek ways to support business clients choosing to locate at qualified sites and to continually increase local competitiveness.
Entergy Mississippi provides some of the most competitive energy rates in the region and works closely with business and industry to meet specific needs while controlling costs.
Designed to ensure expedited development with accurate cost estimates, Entergy Mississippi’s Economic Development Qualified Sites Program assures that each qualified site meets program criteria such as:
• Available qualified sites must be at least 20 contiguous acres capable of supporting a minimum 50,000 square feet of building space
• Qualified sites are under control by the local economic development organization at a specified cost
• Specified infrastructure services are within 500 feet of the site boundary or local governments have documented their commitment that essential services can and will be provided on a timely basis.
• All other required qualified site program documentation is in place and immediately available.
• Site development can begin within six months (180 days) of the site being acquired by a prospective company.
• Any changes in property status are immediately reported to the Entergy Mississippi for further action
Entergy Mississippi will work as your personal consultant helping to interface with all relevant experts to provide the information and answers you need. For more information about the Entergy Mississippi Economic Development Qualified Site program, contact Taurus Wright at 601-969-2349.